Snow

28°F / -2°C

7 day forecast
Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Jobs of the Week

By Joel D'Souza

School of Management Receptionist (TEMP)

Must be a current UM-Flint student and have been awarded work-study funds for Fall 2013 and Winter 2014. Proficiency in Microsoft Office software is necessary. An outgoing personality is a plus. Must be customer-service oriented. Be ready to learn and ask questions in order to improve yourself and your surroundings. Will be responsible for general receptionist duties along with various office work.

CONTACT: Flint School of Management

PAY: $7.80

WEB SITE DESIGNER (TEMP)

To be considered for the position, you must apply at www.umjobs.org. Must include a cover letter with your resume and submit them as a single document. In addition to applying online, please forward your resume/cover letter document via email to Ananth Aiyer (aaiyer@umflint.edu) in the Sociology Department (522 FH). General responsibilities will involve updating and maintaining the IGS website, therefore knowledge of Drupal is preferred but not required of applicants. This position is open to UM-Flint students only.

CONTACT: Anath Aiyer at aaiyer@umflint.edu

PAY: $12.00 – $15.00

Office Assistant for M-Times

Must be a current UM-Flint student and have been awarded work-study funds for the Fall 2013 semester. Duties include managing phones and appointments, answering basic questions about the Student Newspaper, keeping supplies stocked, along with other responsibilities as they arise. You will also be responsible for archiving each issue of the paper. Must enjoy working in a group atmosphere and be self-motivated.

CONTACT: Alex Benda at the M-Times Campus Office

PAY: $8.00 – $12.00

Grader – CSC and CIS Courses

Must be a current UM-Flint student and have earned credit for the respective course you are applying to be a grader for. It is desired that applicants be CSC or CIS majors who are eligible for work-study funds for the Fall 2013 semester, but this is not a requirement. Courses in need of graders are not listed but applicants will likely be assigned to classes that you have credit for.

CONTACT: Flint Cas

PAY: $7.40

*TUTOR I *

Must have been awarded work-study funding for the Fall 2013 and Winter 2014 semesters. Must be able to communicate well with pupils in elementary level coursework. Will work with instructors in Flint Community Schools to tutor students in reading, science, or math in classrooms and after school programs. It is desired that education or pre-education majors apply, but it is not a necessity. Not all work locations are within walking distance, so transportation may be necessary.

CONTACT: Flint Vc Std Affairs

PAY: $10.00 – $12.00

Joel can be reached at jodsouza@umflint.edu